Top Menu

Recruiting Squad Leaders

Hi guys!
Our community is slowly growing now with members from all over the world which is absolutely incredible! Thank you all for being a part of this Star Wars family!

With our increase in members I shall soon be looking at having some of you guys help run the group. Squads will be set up, much like the 501st garrisons, based on the areas people live. This will be much easier for people to find members that may be local to them, organise events and make sure everyone is happy πŸ™‚

I will also hopefully be setting up a page that lists all members and where they are located and whatever costumes they have to also help out any newcomers and we can see what characters we have in the group.

Admin duties wont be much in our infancy but may require more time being put in in the future. At the moment it is a learning curve finding what will work well for us so if anyone is interested in helping please let me know!

Thanks all!

– Alea
*Edit* As our numbers are still quite spread out across the globe, the squads that have already been set up will be the only squads for the moment. Again once we get more members this will change. Big thanks to those who are offering thier help with this.

, , , , , , , , ,

49 Responses to Recruiting Squad Leaders

1. TK-927
    TK-927 November 18, 2015 at 5:37 am #

I am very interested in taking on administrative duties to represent the IO from my town of Las Vegas, NV, USA. When it comes to squadron leadership, I have 10 years in USAF Auxiliary search and rescue, have worked substantially in marketing, web, and graphic design, work as an educator and public/motivational speaker, and of course, love trooping around in the armor! I’d love to take the proverbial “Tatooine bull by the horns” and develop a squadron out here for the Outlanders. You can check out more at http://www.jonmarkiewitz.com/

I’m working-up a list of names for when the Las Vegas Squadron may become a reality!

2. Rejsan
    Rejsan November 18, 2015 at 9:45 pm #

Id love to be a squad leader representing IO from Sweden or/and to take on admin duties. Id be more than happy if you’d pick me as one of the squad leaders πŸ™‚

3. Adam Lee
    Adam Lee November 22, 2015 at 12:21 am #

I’m Interested on trying to become an IO admin I’m from Chesterfield Derbyshire, UK I can also talk to my friends who love star wars to join IO, I do not mind on weather I’m Picked all I know is at least I tried.

4. droll30 November 25, 2015 at 8:53 am #

i would be interested in possibly starting a Australian squad or just admining forums

5. Michel December 20, 2015 at 4:50 pm #

TK-13118 reporting for duty.
    It would be an honor to help organizing the german squad.

6. TrAffic
    TrAffic December 24, 2015 at 5:07 pm #

With everything calming down for myself I wouldn’t mind becoming squad leader of a Maryland, US branch. I’ve already been an Brigadier General (Admin rank) [applied for Colonel but got bumped up], Major (super moderator rank), Captain (moderator rank), Combat Journalist (media mod), Publisher (media rank), Editor (lead publisher and super mod), Webcaster (media video mod), & Game Champion (mod rank) on the website warriornation.net

I’ve got my own website that I keep re-tweaking trying to find a use for that I could use for the branch called cosmicguardians.net

I don’t own any armour but I’m thinking about getting an officer uniform to at least start out.

7. despain76 December 28, 2015 at 1:01 am #

I would love to start a squad here in Topeka, Kansas.

• jitjorgi1
      jitjorgi1 September 5, 2016 at 8:30 pm #

Your post is 2015, but I am in omaha ne, and have joined the outlanders, i think we would be close enough to form a squad. If your still interested? I am at sophia34@cox.net e-mail, hope to hear from you.

8. GRXD March 15, 2016 at 7:34 pm #

I’d love to be the squad leader representing the Imperial Outlanders in Switzerland. I’m determined to get a group going over here! I saw two stormtroopers and a bunch of cosplayers at The Force Awakens, so I know there’s people who would be willing to join. πŸ™‚

• Alea Holland
      Alea Holland April 10, 2016 at 12:32 pm #

Apologies for the delay in replying. We currently dont have a squad in switzerland so setting one up there would be great. If you’re still interested let me know!

9. Alea Holland
    Alea Holland April 10, 2016 at 12:36 pm #

Currently members are quite low spread out across the US so we are having limited squads. Hopefully over time with more people finding us we can spread out a bit more but for now we are keeping it as the US as a whole.

10. Zeraxis April 10, 2016 at 11:55 pm #

I am from Norway, and if we lack squad leaders there, I can try to pick up that torch in the name of the empire.

• Alea Holland
      Alea Holland April 11, 2016 at 6:53 pm #

As far as i’m aware we dont yet have any other members in Norway. If we get more from there in the future then we can set out a squad there πŸ™‚

11. Adam Newman June 4, 2016 at 12:40 pm #

Hi, UK based in Northampton. Currently finishing Kylo Ren Cosplay and happy to help.

12. Vaughn Patrick June 28, 2016 at 12:43 am #

I’m willing to help in Pa around the Pittsburgh area!

13. Shadious July 15, 2016 at 6:26 am #

I’d be willing to help out Perth, Western Australia πŸ˜€

• Alea Holland
      Alea Holland July 15, 2016 at 10:54 am #

We have an Austrailian squad based out of Brisbane. If you would like to be a part of it we have a page for them https://www.facebook.com/outlandersAustraliaSquad/?fref=ts you can talk to the squad leaders Brett and Tony. They are really keen to get more active troops in Australia and are really nice guys.

• MattAlchin December 21, 2016 at 12:34 pm #

awesome! still 1000km away, but at least thats in country!

14. GK-2005
    GK-2005 August 14, 2016 at 10:29 am #

what is the minimum age to be a squad leader
    and if im the right age i would love to be the squad leader of northern ireland???

15. jitjorgi1
    jitjorgi1 September 5, 2016 at 8:26 pm #

I would love to be a squad leader or join a group already in the U.S.A. midwest, omaha,Nebraska, or nearby states. I would love to hear from anybody who may be interested in starting a squad

• Alea Holland
      Alea Holland September 6, 2016 at 8:51 pm #

We are quite spread out across the states and numbers are a bit thin. There are 3 squads in the US currently with Nevada, Arizona and Pennsylvania. With numbers lacking othe squads are curently not being set up but if you come in contact with more cosplayers around your area who would be interested we can set up one

16. jitjorgi1
    jitjorgi1 September 6, 2016 at 11:33 pm #

thanks Alea, I would love to be a squad leader for Nebraska, U.S.A., I was hoping you could list the state on your webpage, as i think it would be a great benifit for recruitment to help bring in members when they check out your webpage and maybe relate to a given area. I know the other squads have one or two members now, as myself, buts everything starts somewhere. Thanks for your time, Jitjorgi1

• Alea Holland
      Alea Holland September 12, 2016 at 11:31 am #

With limited numbers I am hesitant to put more up but with more people coming over if more show interest in trooping in certain states then it can be done and I would be happy to make you a squad leader.

• jitjorgi1
        jitjorgi1 September 14, 2016 at 3:25 am #

thanks for getting back to me, I have three members now in Nebraska, and would love to be listed. We are working on a local webpage and facebook to try and help recruitment, and already have a starwars party event to attend on Oct. 15th. I would love to be squad leader and be listed for Nebraska, thanks.

• Alea Holland
          Alea Holland September 15, 2016 at 6:21 pm #

That is a fantastic start.I can make a forum page for Nebraska and name you as squad leader. If I could ask that you let me know when the pages are set up so I can just keep an eye on them and share anything relevent on the main pages. Are you part of the main Outlanders facebook group?

• jitjorgi1
            jitjorgi1 September 16, 2016 at 4:38 am #

Thanks, I am looking forward to the forum page, I will let you know when are pages are up so you can check them. I joined facebook, as Mike Jorgensen. I will stay in touch

17. Trooper1138 November 23, 2016 at 7:43 pm #

Hi, I’d be interested being a Squad Leader here in Scotland – I’m based on the East Coast. I’m also an active member of the Imperial Outlanders Facebook group, so I’m almost always online. Cheers, Doug.

18. MattAlchin December 21, 2016 at 12:09 pm #

Am 2 hours west of Sydney Australia, in the Blue Mountains. looking for local members!

19. ScottLeversedge December 26, 2016 at 3:31 am #

Hey Alex was wondering if you needed a squad leader for southern Minnesota possibly for I know a few people I could recruit possibly.

• ScottLeversedge December 26, 2016 at 3:32 am #

Sorry my autocorrect corrected Alea to Alex.

• Alea Holland
      Alea Holland December 26, 2016 at 8:35 pm #

Not currently given that members are quite sparse around there at the moment but thanks for the interest

20. ImperialOfficerSBryan
    ImperialOfficerSBryan January 7, 2017 at 12:36 am #

I have an imperial officer uniform. If a time comes when 1 is needed, I’d gladly take up an administrator role for a New Jersey based squad.

21. ImperialOfficerSBryan
    ImperialOfficerSBryan January 7, 2017 at 12:38 am #

I could gladly recruit a few to the NJ squad and set up a twitter or FB for it as well.

22. heartofdixie January 11, 2017 at 8:28 pm #

Hey Alea, is there much interest in the Atlanta area (US)?

• Alea Holland
      Alea Holland January 15, 2017 at 12:18 pm #

Currently there is not im afraid

• Vaders legacy
        Vaders legacy January 26, 2017 at 2:05 am #

How about California . preferedbly the west coast area ?

• Clint Williams September 1, 2017 at 2:56 pm #

We have a California Division with two sub divisions for nor cal and so cal. Currently So cal only has one person, whereas nor cal has 3. The Nor Cal division extends from the Oregon border to Big Sur. I am the over all leader at the moment, as well as the self appointed leader of the Support and Logistics Division. Scott J. Earle is the Nor Cal leader, though I work closely with him as I am in the Sacramento area and he is in the Bay Area. Please get in touch with him or me and we will try to plug you in!
          our facebook page for California is here:
          Our Nor Cal group facebook page is here:

You can reach scott at whitejimrice@yahoo.com and I can be reached at
          williac747@gmail.com

23. EliteClone Captain
    EliteClone Captain January 30, 2017 at 3:49 pm #

Hello I have some experience in leading a garrison cause I used to own a Serious Star wars rp anyways I am wondering if I am allowed to be A squad leader in Vancouver WA.

24. Hoochyboy February 7, 2017 at 8:38 pm #

Hi was wondering if we have any troopers in the hull area cheers hoochyboy

25. Pully1410 July 6, 2017 at 10:15 pm #

It would be an honour to start a squadron in the north of England specifically Yorkshire. I have a lot of friends interested in Star Wars who would do it. I hope to hear from you soon.

26. Pully1410 September 29, 2017 at 10:42 pm #

Just an update I’m not sure if you saw my first comment but I just wanted to say I will soon be partaking in some leadership courses and are comms trained and heartstart trained. I can’t wait to here from you.

27. AussieJediMom92
    AussieJediMom92 October 28, 2017 at 11:06 pm #

I live in Alabama, USA! I am very much interested in being a Squad Leader. We are huge star wars fans and I would be honored to head the area I live in.

28. Phant25
    Phant25 November 14, 2017 at 3:00 pm #

Hi – I am in Kent ( Medway) so happy to join / lead a Squad from here. Just purchased my armour and needs work . Happy to join the IO.

29. TK-6393
    TK-6393 December 7, 2017 at 3:19 am #

i am TK-6393 From “The BIG APPLE”
    I have six years under my belt in U.S. Army {Rank Corporal}
    I am working on my armor.

30. TK-6393 December 31, 2017 at 3:05 am #

I would like to represent the Imperial Outlanders in Battery park cityNYC

31. General veers
    General veers January 3, 2018 at 9:31 pm #

Hi just wondering whether your still after squad leaders would be honoured to have a squad here in Staffordshire

32. TK-6393 January 9, 2018 at 12:31 am #

Alea, are you available?

• Alea 'Ace' Holland (IO Commanding Officer)
      Alea 'Ace' Holland (IO Commanding Officer) January 9, 2018 at 10:23 am #

We have a New York squad already set up and are currently looking into changing how we recruit the squad leaders.

33. TK-117 May 21, 2018 at 1:21 am #

Hello outlanders! I’m TK-117, I’m new to this group. I live in Maryland, U.S.A. I’m very interested in being a squad leader in my area to spread the fun and love of star wars. I also do Photoshop if this group needs help with edits, just a suggestion. Looking forward to meet and help u guys later in the future!